Sunday, March 9, 2008

Set It Right!

SET IT RIGHT!
_______________________
GOOD MORNING FLINT!
03/10/08 EARLY POST
By
Terry Bankert
http://attorneybankert.com/
You are invited to join me at Face Book
http://www.facebook.com/people/Terry_Bankert/645845362

Full article at Flint Talk with discussion
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=26009#26009
_______________________

An Open letter to the leadership of the Michigan Democratic Party

MY HUMBLE OPINION

My name is Terry Bankert. I work for a living as an attorney practicing only in Family Law in Flint MI.

My public service ,paid and unpaid, has extended since I was 25 years of age. I am 57 yrs.

For seven years I was an employee of a Genesee County unit of the Democratic Party.

Politically I have only a modest local status and hold no elective office other than Democratic Precinct Delegate. My voice may not be of the highest caliber, I make no pretense, but I am persistent and willing to suffer personal loss when I challenge on local issues.

At one time I was honored to be the City of Flint Municipal Ombudsman and I retain an intense urge to challenge power when misused , advocate principles of good government and fight for those principals.

I offer this only as motive background to explain why I so intensely object to the damage done by the leadership of the Michigan Democratic Party to the Party itself. Specifically the disenfranchisement of 500,000 Michigan Democrats because the Michigan Democratic Party choose to utterly disregard the rules of the National Democratic Party.

In my opinion;

1.The leadership of the Michigan Democratic Party intentionally violated the rules of the National Democratic Party

2.This same leadership attempts to portray Obama not being on the Michigan primary ticket as some fault of his when it was theirs.

3.There is a diminishing window of opportunity to get this national delegate selection process right. This window appears to be closing with no action.

4.We must be actively building our party, this process is dismantling it.

5.My State Democratic Party will be measured as lacking in integrity and credibility if our delegation is not seated.

This disenfranchisement has occurred at exactly the moment our Democratic Party could have shown the American people our greatness.

We Democrats nation wide will be measured by the citizenry as they observe how we organize to meet nationally to save this county by electing a Democratic Presidential Nominee.

We are on the door step of changing the impression of the world about what it means to be an American. This will be accomplished by electing a Woman or and African American to the Presidency of the United States.

What a great opportunity to “show case” our greatness as a Party. This is slipping between our fingers.

The world will be watching the Democratic Party National Convention and before it the debacle of Michigan and Florida.

A convention should raise our candidates to greatness. This one could taint our nominee with the vile stench of treachery, lies, disorganization and deceit. This intentional rule violation was done for the sake of power. The power to set a primary date. Why was this important? In my opinion this power test was to satisfy the egos of the Michigan Democratic Party State Central Committee and its Chairperson Mark Brewer.

I implore the party leadership to set it right.

Terry Bankert
http://attorneybankert.com/





42908

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: